Enjoy Stress-Free Dentistry With Sedation Options in Stillwater
If the thought of dental work makes you nervous, you can relax – literally. Ned W. Windmiller Distinctive Dentistry offers sedation options to calm your anxious nerves. At our Stillwater and Wayzata dentist offices, Dr. Windmiller and our staff will do everything possible to make sure your visit with us is enjoyable. You can count on dental sedation to:Dr Ned Windmiller on the Sedation Options Available Read Transcript
Many dental patients are quite apprehensive about procedures, and that's one reason they don't go to the dentist. We do offer what's called conscious sedation, where it's basically a sleeping pill. You're still conscious, but I can still talk to you, but you really don't care. The other benefit of it is amnesiac, which means you don't remember a lot about the procedure. We use conscious sedation a lot for patients. What we do is it could be a long, lengthy appointment. It could be three, four hours, and we try to accomplish as much dentistry as we can in that time, especially when they're sedated. It's a better experience for everybody, for the dentist, for the patient, everybody.
- Take your mind off your procedure so you can relax.
- Help you ignore the noises and smells of dentistry that you may find unpleasant.
- Make longer procedures go by quicker and easier.
- Help you get the dental care you need to achieve and maintain a healthy mouth.
Call us today to make your appointment for gentle, caring dentistry: (651) 413-9860.
Take Your Choice of Sedation
Ned W. Windmiller Distinctive Dentistry offers not one, but two options for your sedation. We’ll discuss them with you and you can decide which one you think will work best. Choose either:
- Inhaled Sedation– This method is commonly called “laughing gas” because it will give you a slight euphoric effect. You’ll relax and forget all about being at the dentist office. Plus, its effects wear off quickly, so you’ll be able to drive yourself home afterward. This sedation is FDA-approved and is even safe for children.
- Oral Conscious Sedation– Dr. Windmiller will prescribe a small pill that you’ll take before your appointment. During your procedure you’ll feel relaxed and groggy, and you may not remember much about your visit. The pill’s effects will take a few hours to wear off, so you’ll need someone to drive you home after you’re done.
Relax With Our Assortment of Amenities
Besides our sedation, we also make your dental care as pleasant as possible by offering several amenities to our patients. These include:
- Kovanaze® Needle-Free Anesthesia– Our patients love that they can get their teeth numbed with a nasal spray instead of a needle.
- Headphones– Let your mind float away with your favorite music.
- Blankets– Cozy up with a warm, comforting blanket to help you relax.
- Massage Chairs– Enjoy a spa-like experience while we take care of your smile.
- Compassionate Staff– We will take all the time you need to walk you through your procedure and set your mind at ease.