Regain Your Smile With Dentures in Stillwater
Today’s dentures from Ned W. Windmiller Distinctive Dentistry are much different from “false teeth” you might remember from your childhood. Dr. Windmiller uses dentures in our Stillwater, MN dentist office to make life easier for our patients – including you! If you’re tired of not having a full mouth of teeth, then our custom dentures will:Dr. Ned Windmiller on Dentures Read Transcript
There are situations where a denture is necessary in patients. The advantage of a denture is, number one, if people are in pain they're pain free with dentures. With that being said, we can actually anchor dentures in place with implants today. Whether it's fixed, or what we call fixed removable, you can attach the denture to the implants and get a lot more chewing power that way, improve aesthetics. The reality is, we're doing fewer and fewer dentures every year because people are keeping their teeth, that's a good thing. And people are more contentious I think about going to the dentist. And the main reason people lose teeth today is gum disease. And some people are just more prone than others to gum infections, and if that's the case sometimes you're gonna lose your teeth. And we either restore with a denture or implants or a combination of the two.
- Give you full arches of teeth so you can smile confidently again.
- Make eating easier so you can enjoy a wider variety of foods.
- Improve your digestion through more complete chewing.
- Boost your self-esteem with a complete set of beautiful teeth.
Call (651) 413-9860 today to make an appointment at one of our easy-to-find locations in Stillwater and Wayzata. Chew and smile with ease again soon!
Learn About Implant Dentures
Our rugged dentures won’t move or slip like traditional dentures will. Instead of resting on your gums and relying on denture adhesive to stay in place, your new dentures will be secured to sturdy dental implants. They’re not going anywhere.
If you’ve ever been afraid to eat, talk, or laugh for fear that your teeth might suddenly fly out of your mouth, you won’t have to worry about that anymore. Once your custom-fit dentures are in place, you can enjoy the foods you like, talk and laugh all you want, and even sing in a choir. Your teeth will stay put and you can relax.
We offer two fantastic options for getting your replacement teeth:
- Implant-retained dentures. These appliances secure to as few as two implants that Dr. Windmiller will place in your jaw. They use a sturdy ball-and-snap system to anchor to the implants and stay firmly in place. The result is a much better, more comfortable fit than traditional dentures, but they can be removed easily for daily cleaning. Plus, the dental implants help keep your jawbone from deteriorating. They act like replacement tooth roots to stimulate new bone growth.
- Implant-supported dentures. This type of custom-made denture is similar to implant-retained dentures, except that they attach to a bar secured to your implants. This anchoring system transfers most of the force from biting and chewing to your jawbone – just as with natural teeth – instead of your gums. This characteristic makes this our most comfortable and secure dentures option. You’ll also get protection against jawbone deterioration that is common when you have missing teeth.
Call us today at (651) 413-9860 to schedule an appointment. Come see how our dentures are different!