Feel Better With Oral Surgery in Stillwater
Taking advantage of general dentistry services like regular cleanings and exams will go a long way toward keeping your mouth in optimal health. However, oral surgery is sometimes needed to restore your mouth’s health and prevent additional health issues. But you can relax because you’ll be in good hands at Ned W. Windmiller Distinctive Dentistry. Here’s what you can expect when you have your surgical procedure done by Dr. Windmiller or Dr. Hawn:Dr. Ned Windmiller on an overview of Oral Surgery Read Transcript
There are times when oral surgery is necessary if a tooth is fractured at the gum line, or tooth is abscessed and fractured, it needs to be removed. We can either do that surgically in the office, or we can refer the patient to an oral surgeon. The goal is to be completely anesthetized so you don't feel anything whether it's here or at another office.
- Expert care from our experienced and dedicated staff.
- Accurate treatment to get you out of pain and help you smile again.
- Helpful recommendations for dental restorations to improve your smile.
Call us today to request your appointment: (651) 413-9860. We have two convenient locations: in Stillwater adjacent to River Valley Athletic Club, and in Wayzata at the edge of Big Woods Preserve.
Enjoy All of Our Amenities
We make it easy to relax when you’re in our care. You will feel right at home with these comforting amenities:
- Sedation options to set your mind at ease. Choose laughing gas (inhaled sedation) or oral conscious sedation with a prescribed pill.
- Headphones so you can tune out the world and unwind with your favorite music.
- Comfortable blankets to keep you warm and cozy.
- Massage chairs for full-body relaxation.
- Needle-free anesthesia with Kovanaze® nasal spray.
Trust Your Care to Our Skilled Dental Team
When you visit Ned W. Windmiller Distinctive Dentistry for your oral surgery, you can feel confident that you’re in the best care possible. Dr. Windmiller has been practicing dentistry for over four decades, so he is well-seasoned to provide you the care you need to keep smiling for years! Below are two types of surgical procedures we commonly perform:
- Tooth removal. Our goal is to save a patient’s tooth whenever possible. Preserving a tooth with a filling, root canal therapy, porcelain crown, or other restoration will help prevent tooth loss that leads to jawbone deterioration and teeth shifting. However, when removal is necessary to protect the health of your other teeth and your gums, you can count on us to do it quickly and comfortably.
- Wisdom tooth extraction. For many people, these third molars appear between the ages of 17 and 21 with no issues. But some of our patients experience problems such as impaction, crowding, and halted growth. In these cases, we will gently remove these teeth to stop your discomfort and prevent further oral health problems.